Asbestos was known just in antiquity. Its traces of use were found among others in area of Mediterranean Sea ( Cyprus, Greece, Rome) or on the territory of today's Finland. Nowadays its the most intensive exploitation has been falling for the recent several dozen years. Its multiple usage asbestos owe to its specific features and relatively low price as well.
Our company takes up advanced removal asbestos works in the following form:
- eternit - corrugated asbestos-cement plates,
- caro - roof or fasade plates,
- pressed sheets,
- asbestos-cement pipes used as ventitation tubes or uptakes ( about 22% asbestos),
- different type of asbestos moulding.
- power engineering
- isolation of devices in power plants and heat and power plants,
- isolation of district heating,
- sealing for example in valves.
- thermal insulation and electroinsulation in electric locomotives, trams and carriages ect.,
- insulting compartments and another elements of ship construction,
- clutches and brakes.
In our activity we also came upon using asbestos in chemical and glass industry, ventilation, air conditioning system.
Underneath there are basic features of asbestos crucial from the point of view of practical use:
- very good insulation properties: thermic, electrical and acoustical,
- very good resistance for high temperatures,
- added to such materials as cement, polymers, resins etc. to strengthen their structure,
- good filtration properties for liquid,
- low compressibility and extension resistance,
- high chemical resistance,
- is not biodegradable,
- asbestic fibres can be easily keep apart from minerals with which they are mined,
- asbestic fibres have high proportion of length to diameter: from 20 even to 1000,
- are flexible enough to be wind around the drum, spool ect.